Monday, September 19, 2011

3 Letter Word - SIN

We learn as we grow up about sin, about doing what's right & what's wrong & about the consequences if we choose wrong.  We watch the news, read the paper & see the results of wrong choices.  If you've ever watched COPS or any other reality police show, you see what happens to bad decisions.


Despite all we know, all we learn, all we witness, we continue to make bad choices.  It's hard to understand or explain when someone we know makes bad decisions.  The worse part is when it's televised & it seems the topic every where you turn.  The TV news, newspaper, dinner time talk, it's a constant reminder.


You hear familiar comments & statements like "oh man, I've known him forever - no way", "what?  are you kidding me?", "I won't believe it until I hear it from his own mouth", "if it's in the news, then it's true", and the time comes & you really do hear the truth from the individual, it makes it real.  But, then you have to process all what you hear, what you know to be the truth, and decide where you stand in your mind & heart for the individual. 


We're all sinners, we come in this world with sin - but the choices we make are of our own choosing.  When we make bad choices, we have to face the consequences.  When you're a public individual, you are out there for people to make rash statements & be on constant scrutiny of the public.  Make one wrong move & you're nailed to the wall.


I can't excuse or explain choices & decisions of others, but I have to search my own heart & mind and base my reasoning on the person I've known long before the media came into the situation.  When you sin, it causes a ripple effect among people - friends, family, and acquaintances.  Everyone takes on a part of it, you bear it as a friend, family member, co-worker, and you bear it being a part of a community.  Follow your heart, remember what you know, not what you hear, listen with your heart, seek understanding & give forgiveness.


"He that is among you with no sin, cast the first stone."  John 8:7


Personally, I know no one on this Earth without sin.  My Heavenly Father is sinless, I'll leave the judgment to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment