Friday, June 4, 2010

Fowl cries help...

I’m a bird in the vast sky – I fly from ocean to ocean seeking food. As I flew across the Gulf, I noticed so many fish lying on the top water. Eureka I thought, wow – fish everywhere waiting for me. As I dove down to grab a bite, I in turn was grabbed by a slick wet thick dark mass. I panicked as I tried to free myself, but to no avail. It was thick like glue and soon was stuck to my feathers. I cried out a warning to my friends above me, do not come near – the ocean is full of death.

I could see the shoreline in the distance and the waves carried me away. I struggled to free myself, but nothing could free me from this dark mass. I could hear people talking nearby and heard them say words of an oil spill. I didn’t know what it meant, but I knew the Gulf was not the same. As I drifted towards shore, I saw people looking with tears in their eyes. The thick mass had reached the shore, the sand glistened from the oil, the marshes were slowly dying, and you could see the destruction all around.

I don’t understand why someone would do this; it doesn’t make sense to me. I’m just a bird in a vast blue sky, but now I’m stuck in a dark mass of oil. Help me to understand, save me and my friends, fix the waters and fix my habitat, because this is MY home. I’m meant to fly, not drift in this dark mass – make my waters livable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment