Thursday, June 4, 2009

Being Single

I'm not sure why people think being single is so fantastic, yes I'll admit it's great in a lot of ways, but then other ways it's not so great.

For example, if there's a bug - who do you call? Well, there's not a guy in the house so you have to dispose of the bug yourself! Ugh ! Then there is garbage duty, being single it means it's ALWAYS your responsibility. Sleeping alone, that's not real fun either ! And then, there are things like a squeaky ceiling fan, an outlet in need of repair, a light switch in need of replacement - all those "little" things that married people take for granted.

On the other hand, in marriage there is the sharing thing ... sharing a bathroom / sharing a razor (ugh) / extra towels everywhere, more clothes to wash lol, sleeping with someone all the time, and having someone around you 24/7 (or so it may seem like it)!

Then I could get into the dating world - oh geez, it's not the glam as it seems, it's rough out there at times ! There are times as I'm getting dressed to go meet someone for dinner my thoughts are "Am I wasting makeup for this date?" There are times when I return home I feel that way. Some days I feel like I can't do it any more lol I'm giving up the dating, then I think - okay, maybe one more time! I keep thinking that maybe one day the right one will be out there, the one that meets all my requirements, and one that I can see spending all my todays and tomorrows with, and then I wake up and realize it was just a dream lol.

Seriously, I do believe there are good marriages, I've seem some, been around those "happy" couples and think "I want something like that". And then, I'm around some that I think "geez louise, I'm so HAPPY I'm single and not in THAT relationship" lol.

People ask me at times do I want to marry again one day since it's been 19 years since I've been married. I really do want to get married one day to the right person, at the right time, and after I've had a chance to really get to know them. But ... I am not in any hurry, and I'm not on a time schedule.

I know God has a plan for me whether it's me staying single, or me being married. Maybe I'm meant to be single, who knows? Until then, I'll keep giving it a chance and keep seeing what's out there in the dating world and who knows, maybe one day I'll say "I do".

No comments:

Post a Comment